research, analysis and consulting
* Consultants on all aspects of qualitative and quantitative research for this largest mixed-use building in Europe (50 exclusive stores and restaurants, leisure, office and residential). Regular street and online surveys for consumer awareness and attitude.
* Reward scheme development and promotional programmes.
* Sales analysis from all tenants, advice on the tenant portfolio.
* Pre-planning research on city living attitudes and needs for The CUBE, a major new development at The Mailbox.
Amtico International Ltd.
* Market research and consultancy to this premier flooring manufacturer 1997 to 2006 and involved in all aspects of their consumer and commercial markets.
* Regular Marketing Audits of various aspects of their marketing effectiveness.
* Online customer satisfaction surveys and Web site user surveys
* Regular analysis of product sales and recommending strategic management of product portfolio.
* Evaluation of specifier and consumer buying motivations and behaviour.
* Research and testing of print and advertising concepts and collateral materials.
* Facilitate strategy development at corporate and market sector levels.
* Market Audit of their MasterPartner retailer network.
* Consumer research to develop their new brochure (2007)
* Consumer hall test research for a new washing machine brand launch
* Customer survey for food preparation appliances.
* Developing an economic model to manage their estate of nearly 3000 bed places in the light of increasing competition from the private sector.
* Student focus groups on a range of subjects covering non-academic life and their welfare whilst at Coventry.
* Audit across the University for the Computer Services Department resulting in several customer service and organisational recommendations.
* Customer satisfaction audit of services provided by the Estates Department.
* Scoping document to support a grant application for the development of the Centre of Climate Change Solutions.
* Commercial input and guidance for a funding application for the 3D automotive design studio.
* Consultancy to develop a new marketing strategy and a 5 year implementation plan. Keith Bliss was appointed to the Board to deliver the plan as Group Marketing and Sales Director (1993-1997), successfully building sales to over £100m and turning a loss of £2.8m to profit of £7.5m. Responsible for the Vivienne Westwood carpet clothes advertising campaign and many innovative B2B service improvements.
* (10 years on) Strategic review of global commercial markets, facilitation of the management team to evaluate their competitive position and develop appropriate plans.
* Extensive focus groups to determine consumer attitudes towards Birmingham shopping and Bullring communications in particular.
* Facilitation of mission statement, brand positioning and marketing objectives for the new Bullring development.
* Focus groups to target the marketing of the HUB development of apartments in Birmingham. (in association with CORE marketing)
Kepak Ltd Ireland.
* Product placement trials with consumers for new ready meal range developments
* Focus groups and consumer surveys to research new ready-meal solutions product ranges.
ALNO Kitchens Ltd.
* Marketing consultancy to this German market leader, developing their UK marketing plan including retailing network and consumer communications.
* Marketing audit amongst dealers.
Heritage Motor Centre
* Extensive Visitor survey; attitudes, habits, satisfaction.
* Qualitative research to test the internal perceptions of company values and their internal marketing communication.
* Research into institutional markets (NHS and Public Service Sector) vehicle leasing needs and audit of Masterlease performance.
* Organisational design of the marketing department and management support.
Geotechnical Instruments Ltd.
* Market research into the landfill gas and digester gas markets for instrumentation and software needs.
* Research the IVF sector for their product needs for incubator gas monitoring and audit of Company’s performance.
Wolverhampton City Council
* Facilitation of discussion sessions amongst the City leaders about what their recent City status should mean to them as a place to be and as a destination.
Energy Resource Consultants Ltd.
* Market research in UK and USA amongst Petroleum Companies for a £7m integrated exploration and resource management software product TIGRESS.
Porsche Club (GB)
* Online survey of members
Threes Company Limited
* Facilitated a full strategic review of this communications agency B2B business leading to rebranding and detailed business plan.
BIG Communications Limited
* Marketing consulting to establish improved new business practices and segmentation.
* Pre-pitch customer catchment research on Shires shopping centre extension Leicester.
Natural Health Products Ltd.
* Marketing consultancy for the product launch of a new bed range.
Retail & Domestic Properties Ltd.
* Market research to test an advertising campaign.
* Marketing audit amongst senior engineers in the Health sector to investigate the opportunities and barriers to increasing gas consumption, particularly CHP. (in association with McCann Erikson Central)
South Staffs Water plc
* Marketing audit amongst utility companies to evaluate the relative merits of billing software and the potential for a South Staffs new product. (in association with McCann Erikson Central)
* Marketing audit of Pharma companies to determine attitudes towards Innovex field force outsourcing and the likely effect of changes in drug prescribing practices. (in association with McCann Erikson Central)
Robert Horne Ltd.
* Marketing audit amongst printers, designers and plastics fabricators to examine the effectiveness of marketing collateral and communications for this market-leading paper and plastics distributor. (in association with McCann Erikson Central)
Forensic Science Services
* Research amongst large brand owners into the opportunities for developing FSS commercial services, e.g. counterfeiting investigations, product tampering and DNA recording. (in association with McCann Erikson Central)
* Focus groups to determine DIY motivations and attitudes during the development of a new creative campaign. (in association with McCann Erikson Central)